Have you got what it takes to join our award winning, innovative, forward thinking crowd? Are you hungry to learn and succeed? We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are up for a challenge and passionate about delivering excellence. Embridge was recently voted No1. Global Elite partner for Unit4 and awarded the partner of the year award.
Job Vacancy: Head of People Engagement & Enablement
Head of People Engagement & Enablement
Embridge is looking for a Head of People Engagement & Enablement. The post holder will be responsible for the initiatives and approaches to support the development, engagement, and wellbeing of Embridge personnel, driving continued improvement and development of our overall People strategy aligned to our operational Business Plans. The post holder will continually explore and recommend enhancements and improvements to our current employer offering and continued engagement with our team, ensuring that we are able to maintain our status as an Employer of Choice. The Company is proud of its excellent eNPS score and positive regular staff survey results, and these need to be maintained as a baseline for future rating analysis, and where possible, exceeded in future years.
Working with the CEO, CFO, and other members of the SMT, the Head of People Engagement and Enablement will oversee our HR and H&S activities as well as ensuring our team are sufficiently supported and engaged, and our duty of care in terms of physical and mental wellbeing of our team is continually upheld to a high standard.
The post holder will lead and manage internal company communications and events. The Head of People Engagement & Engagement will ensure a continued focus on culture, engagement, and clear, consistent communication across the team.
Main tasks of the role
You will also be asked to…
- Collaborate with the CFO to identify the best initiatives for our team as part of our People strategy, and then take an active role in the implementation of the same and its continued delivery, thereafter, including helping initial engagement and learning.
- Work with the CFO in the implementation of wellbeing initiatives which will be best for our staff and the continued support of positive wellbeing throughout the team.
- Advise and guide on continual professional development, career mapping, and succession planning across the team.
- Contribute to the achievement of strategic people objectives within the Senior Managers’ business plans, and combine these within an overarching company people strategy.
- Be able to identify, analyse, and recommend new and innovative initiatives and benefits for the wellbeing and support of our staff, and in support of Embridge being an employer of choice.
- Promote and be an ambassador for Embridge’s workplace culture, ethos, and vision.
- Compile and release internal communications to the team on subjects around engagement, events, wellbeing, strategic aims, material updates which may affect our team ad hoc, policy or produce changes, information around new legislative changes, etc.
- Co-ordination of company events, including Team Building days, company meetings, conferences, awards, etc.
- Liaise with the HR Managed Services Provider to provide advice and guidance to Senior Management Team and wider Line Managers on best practice approach to employee relations and wellbeing, and legal requirements and employer duties for any employment-related actions or processes.
- With the assistance of the Professional Services Administrator, liaise with the HR Managed Service Provider to oversee employee relations day to day, including but not limited to advising and following up on reported issues or matters requiring HR support, and ensuring where relevant informal and formal correspondence is drafted, issued, and documented.
- With the assistance of the Professional Services Administrator, oversee the H&S day-to-day for the team, including but not limited to ensuring risk assessments are conducted as and when appropriate (i.e. DSE assessments for new starters, expectant mothers risk assessments, etc.), carry out periodic and annual checklists, and ensure we met and deliver all items required under our Duty of Care in H&S law.
- Liaise with our HR Managed Services provider on all HR and H&S matters, ensuring that our actions, processes, and policy adheres to legislation and is in line with up to date best practice. Lead on behalf of Embridge any HR or H&S audits which our third party provider will conduct annually.
- Advise and guide on job descriptions, person specifications, salary bandings and the like for new positions or where existing positions may need to be reviewed.
- Be a confidential point of contact for any member of staff to be able to approach and discuss sensitive or confidential issues or matters. Remaining neutral and unbiased, ensuring staff have a safe point of contact at any time, who can be trusted to listen, guide, and recommend sensible, logical, and appropriate methods of resolution or resources which may support resolution.
- Deliver onboarding for new starters including but not limited to managing offer, contract, new starter documentation, and HR induction for new staff. Ensure right to work checks are carried out on Day One for all new starters, and follow up with any staff members who are not British citizens and do not have indefinite leave to remain or under visa conditions which require a renewal.
- Demonstrable People-focused capability to drive forward employee engagement and promote best practice across a diverse team
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Ability to carry out a strategic review of wellbeing and people engagement initiatives, and be able to present analytics as outputs from such reviews in order to support decision-making
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Understanding of best practice people management including but not limited to Learning & Development, Recruitment, Engagement, Wellbeing, and Employee Relations
- Experience in the co-ordination and delivery of events and internal People projects
- Demonstrable experience working with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams including senior executives and an understanding of enterprise decision-making
- Strong analytical skills and strategic acumen
- Excellent team working and collaborative working skills and the ability to develop effective partnerships
- A confident leader with an open, collaborative style and a practical, “can-do” approach
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, innovation, energy, and drive
- Able to travel across the UK as needed, working remotely with occasional overnight stays.
- Commitment to, and senior management representative of, Embridge values, culture, and vision
Location – Home based or office (Northfleet and Bristol)
Fulltime – Permanent
Embridge Bristol Office
Salary & Benefits
Competitive. Salary dependant on Experience
Benefits including Health cash plan, regular team building events plus paid volunteer charity days.
25 days paid holiday (plus Bank holidays)
Excellent career progression opportunities and training available (such as ITIL)
Please email email@example.com with your CV to register your interest. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE THE MINIMUM SKILLS TO APPLY.
Home based with travel to customer site
Tags: #Projects #Projectmanager #Unit4ERP #Agresso
Submit your CV
We’re proud to be #DisabilityConfident and support fair recruitment practices. Being #DisabilityConfident means we’re helping to change perceptions about disability employment. For more information about being Disability Confident, please visit www.gov.uk/disability-confident or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.