Vacancy: Business Development Executive
We are a rapidly expanding Digital Transformation Consultancy & Systems Integrator (SI) primarily working with Unit4 products across global organisations, but now looking to expand our product & services portfolio working with other technology vendors.
We have currently work across Public Sector, Professional Services, Not for Profit and Higher Education organisations with a growing number of accounts but would also like to explore extending our services into new markets.
Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking to add to our Sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and ambitious organisation.
Our UK Head Quarters are based in Kent and we have further offices in Bristol and Crawley. We are looking for a passionate Business Development Executive to work with us and are open to applicants in any UK location.
You will be responsible for developing and converting a pipeline of new business opportunities across targeted key verticals and service lines. New business opportunities will be generated by supporting the marketing function with new campaigns, attendance at events & forming new partner relationships.
5 years + previous industry & sales experience is required.
Together with a passion for selling software, transforming organisations through great technology, implementing high quality solutions and providing outstanding customer service, the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, as well as a drive and enthusiasm that reflects the company’s ambitious plans for growth.
Main tasks of job:
To achieve sales objectives through selling services and software to new and existing customers. This will involve all aspects of the sale from presales through to closing the sale and operational handover. The Company has an excellent reputation within the industry which will has assisted the generation of new opportunities within the Unit4 market. This role will need an individual that is a self-starter, motivated & driven. The Company’s Marketing function will also support the successful candidate with a very successful lead generation and nurturing process.
1. Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
2. Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
3. Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about the product lines you are responsible for and use effective time and territory management to maximise results.
4. Work with our Marketing team to ensure a regular supply of qualified leads are produced and followed up.
5. Respond to RFPs/RFIs, co-ordinating and organising input from multiple sources within the Company as well as external partners and suppliers. Manage the sales process through CRM system, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to the Management Team.
6. Be an active team player both on the Sales team and throughout the Company to help meet Company objectives.
7. Provide feedback from field experience to internal teams with regards to product, selling, and competitive matters.
8. Maintain and develop Account Management Plans for existing key accounts with a view of developing future work and maintaining client relationships.
9. Facilitate and support Marketing efforts with good case studies and customer references and attendance to events.
10. Develop central pool of repeatable resources that can be used throughout the sales cycle.
11. Upon successful completion of a sale, deliver services as a Project Sponsor and point of escalation to enable a consistent client experience and to support for the Project team during delivery.
12. Ensure smooth transition from sales into delivery by support the Chief Operating Officer and delivery teams to mobilise the staff needed to support ongoing delivery.
13. Any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably required by the CEO.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Business degree/diploma or an Accounting Qualification
- A minimum of 5 years B2B sales experience, ideally with at least 3 years within the ERP market
- Proven track record of achieving targets in a competitive environment
- Strong & broad practical knowledge of Accounting Software
- An advanced level of ICT literacy, including but not limited to MS Office software and networks
- Ability to prepare and present professional grade proposals
- Good understanding of successful ERP Project Management
- Knowledge of ERP market (advantageous)
- Socially adept
- Good numeracy and commercial awareness
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve complex problems
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritising and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Like to know more? Contact our resourcing department via email – email@example.com