Vacancy: CBO – Chief Business Officer
Main purpose of job:
This position is required to provide senior strategic leadership of business development to grow market share and increase income through full cost and commercial expansion, along with planning and overseeing marketing and lead generation.
The post holder will be responsible for agreed sales / income targets and KPIs, taking a lead on implementing, reporting on and reviewing the strategic operational sales and marketing plans in order to drive revenue and increase Embridge market share.
As part of the Senior Management Team, this position requires experienced and proactive divisional leadership which drives performance and growth in line with the Company’s values, commercial planning, budgets and forecasts, ensuring targets are met and, where possible, exceeded.
The post holder will have a sound understanding of ERP / software business solutions as well as the key partners, competitors and suppliers in the industry.
a) Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
b) Responsible for: Business Development/Sales staff; Marketing Manager
c) Liaison with: Senior Management Team, Product Manager, internal staff members and associates across all departments, external company representatives, client contacts, suppliers and partners of the business.
Main tasks of job:
General / Combined Divisional Responsibilities: –
- To lead on implementation, reporting and reviewing of strategic and operational sales and marketing plans to drive sales and revenue.
- Manage sales and marketing budgets, ensuring financial effectiveness and utilise resources in a cost-effective manner.
- To line and project manage the sales and marketing team, ensuring full and open inter-divisional working to fulfil Company objectives and targets.
- To be the direct line manager for the relevant staff, including (but not limited to) their training and development planning, mentoring and guiding, holiday/sickness management, regular (monthly) 1:1 support, quarterly MAP 1:1 sessions, helping to ensure deadlines and targets are met, etc.
- Manage and deliver relevant budgets and produce monthly high-level reports for the Senior Management Team Meetings.
- Management of an Effective Sales Process supported throughout the organisation.
- Ensure commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continual improvement to protect the Company’s commercial position.
- Provide leadership and instil best working practice within the Sales & Marketing teams, helping to establish a leading service.
- Maintain effective internal and external communications.
- Ensure projected budgeted revenue targets are met.
- Ensure Sales & Marketing KPIs are met, including overall divisional KPIs and the KPIs of direct reports are monitored and met.
Sales Responsibilities: –
- Responsible for agreed sales/income targets and KPIs.
- Develop and oversee the delivery of a well-informed sales strategy, ensuring this leads to a results-driven action plan with clear lines of accountability.
- Lead the development of strategic alliances with external stakeholders to identify future business needs and areas of revenue growth/opportunities to maximise income and client satisfaction.
- Develop and negotiate effective pricing strategies which ensure the financial viability of all sales bids, tenders and proposals. Lead on the preparation and submission of bids, tenders and proposals.
- Lead effective communication across internal departments to ensure full and proper resource / operational delivery of any sales won.
- Formulation and implementation of strategies to deliver sustained performance in terms of securing tenders and new business opportunities.
- To guide and direct commercial activity across the Company to maximise the potential to deliver against KPIs and target revenue.
- Responsibility for new business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging business opportunities with a view to positioning the sales resource and technical capability accordingly.
- Develop, implement and manage sales forecasting activities, targets, sectors and markets, setting performance goals to achieve Company objectives.
- Review and analyse sales performance against plans to determine effectiveness.
- Meeting with key clients to ensure relationships are maintained and developed.
- Ensure new business is grown in line with budget. Ensure the business achieves planned revenue in line with financial planning.
Marketing Responsibilities: –
- Develop and embed a marketing strategy focused on brand, customer engagement and consistent, high-quality delivery.
- Lead on the use of effective market research and competitor analysis to inform decision-making.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop plans and tactics to achieve Company goals.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably required by the CEO
For more information message our Resourcing team – firstname.lastname@example.org