London, February 10, 2022 – Embridge Consulting, a leading boutique systems integrator, specialising in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Change consultancy, today announced that the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (Assembly Commission) has selected Embridge Consulting as their strategic partner to implement the Unit4 ERP solution.
The appointment has been driven by the Assembly Commission’s desired future ways of working for a more modern, intuitive and efficient integrated solution.
As part of its ambition plans, the Assembly Commission noted a number of key strategic drivers when considering the move to a new integrated solution. These involved replacing ageing legacy systems and looking at delivering efficiencies through improving current processes and to move to a more flexible working environment by providing a modern intuitive user experience and mobile digital self-service and access to corporate transactional data. To support these strategic drivers, the Assembly Commission has purchased the full suite of ERP solutions including Finance, Procurement HR/Payroll recruitment and talent management.
With its purchase of Unit4 ERP, the Assembly Commission will enjoy benefits such as:
- Extensibility – to have the ability to extend and add new functions as the scale of service delivery changes over time.
- Efficiency – eliminate repetitive processes and greatly reduce the need to manually enter information.
- Cost Savings – with real-time, one source, accurate information the future solution will reduce administrative and operations costs.
- Adaptable – modern integrated systems are “COTS” no or limited customisation, robust, flexible, and configurable.
- Security – an improved new system will enhance the accuracy, consistency, and security of data, all through built-in resources and firewalls of the Cloud infrastructure.
About the Northern Ireland Assembly Commission
The Northern Ireland Assembly (Assembly Commission) is the devolved legislature for Northern Ireland. It is responsible for making laws on transferred matters in Northern Ireland and for scrutinising the work of Ministers and Government Departments. It passes laws on transferred matters including health, education, agriculture and rural development and policing and justice. Transferred matters are those which are under the direct control of local ministers and the Assembly.
The Northern Ireland Assembly Commission (Assembly Commission) is the corporate body of the Assembly. It has the responsibility under section 40(4) of the Northern Ireland Act 1998 to provide the Assembly, or ensure it is provided with, the property, staff and services required for, the Assembly to carry out its work.