Vacancy: Global Learning & Development Manager:
Global Learning & Development Manager is required to provide strategic leadership of the business’s Training Division and Global Learning & Development (‘GLAD’) division.
The Global Learning & Development Manager will also lead and oversee business development of these divisions in order to grow market share and increase income through management of cost/profitability and commercial expansion. The post holder will be responsible for agreed revenue targets and KPIs, taking a lead on implementing, reporting on and reviewing the strategic operational sale and delivery of Training and Engaging Learning / eLearning in order to drive income and increase Embridge market share.
The Global Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning and co-ordination of the development and delivery of all Training and eLearning, both to internal and external audiences. They will manage two teams, ensuring effective interaction and collaboration between them as well as the wider team. This position requires experienced and proactive divisional leadership which drives performance and growth in line with the Company’s values, commercial planning, budget management, ensuring targets are met and, where possible, exceeded. The post holder will have a sound understanding of Learning Management Systems, especially relating to the training of ERP users.
a) Responsible to: Chief Operational Officer (‘COO’)
b) Responsible for: Training Consultants; eLearning Manager (and by extension the eLearning team reporting to the eLearning Manager)
c) Liaison with: Management team, internal staff members and associates across all departments, external company representatives, client contacts, suppliers and partners of the business.
Main tasks of job:
• To direct and co-ordinate the activities of the Training division and GLAD division, implementing strategies to ensure quality delivery of services.
• Lead the development of Learning & Training strategy and ensure activities and growth are aligned with the stated business plans and targets.
• To be direct line manager for the Training Consultants and eLearning Manager, along with ensuring the consequential management of the eLearning team is effective and successful. Line management to include but not be limited to individual training, development and personal growth, mentoring and guiding, holiday / sickness management, regular (monthly) 1:1 support, quarterly MAP 1:1 sessions, helping to ensure deadlines and targets are met, etc.
• Manage and deliver relevant budgets and produce monthly high-level reports for the Senior Management Team Meetings.
• Collaborate with wider teams regarding instructional delivery systems, course development and provide recommendations as appropriate.
• Respond to tenders, proposals and requests for quotations within a timely manner, ensuring client requirements are met in any such response, using the Company’s templated documentation to ensure consistent branding across all Company publications and documentation.
• Ensure commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continual improvement to protect the Company’s commercial position.
• Provide leadership and instil best working practice within the Training & eLearning teams, helping to establish a leading service.
• Maintain effective internal and external communications.
• Ensure projected budgeted revenue targets are met.
• Ensure Learning & Training KPIs are met, including overall divisional KPIs and the KPIs of direct reports are monitored and met.
• Make presentations to internal and external audiences as and when required.
• Lead commitment to designing and delivering sustainable, professional and cost-effective training.
• Ensuring excellent delivery of end to end Training and eLearning to internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with Training Consultants, eLearning Designers, Subject Matter Experts and others to develop and modify professional content that adheres to team and corporate standards.
• Ensure instructional design principles are implemented on each project.
• Build and manage capacity within the two teams to exploit Training and eLearning opportunities.
• Pro-actively seek out opportunities that would benefit the business and fall within the teams’ remits.
• Negotiate and agree with customers / clients the content of training required and ensure that delivery conforms to specific client requirements and business processes.
• Plan the production of training materials taking account of resources, allocation, timescales and quality requirements.
• Develop and negotiate effective pricing strategies which ensure the financial viability of all sales bids, tenders and proposals. Lead on the preparation and submission of bids, tenders and proposals.
• Monitor and evaluation emerging business opportunities with a view to positioning the appropriate resource and technical capability accordingly.
• Review and analyse divisional performance against plans to determine effectiveness.
• Meeting with key clients to ensure relationships are maintained and developed.
• Maintain a keen understanding of training and eLearning trends, developments and best practices.
• Any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably required by the COO.