Professional Services Manager
The Professional Services Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of software solutions to clients. This includes directing and managing the implementation teams, which include proprietary as well as partner products, and delivering project and programme management services to our clients.
Main purpose of the Professional Services Manager role:
The Professional Services Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of a high-quality service to our customers, delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and attractive margins to the company. The Professional Services Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of software solutions to clients. This includes directing and managing the implementation teams, which include proprietary as well as partner products, and delivering project and programme management services to our clients. The Professional Services team will include Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Business Analysts, Implementation Consultants, Technical Consultants, Trainers & Support Consultants.
Main tasks of Professional Services Manager job:
1. Strategic development of outcome focussed business plan to support the continued growth of the Professional Services capability within Embridge.
2. Manage, develop and grow a high-performance team, to achieve exceptional service delivery, meeting defined revenue and profitability targets.
3. Maintaining and developing operating guidelines, implementation methodologies and tools to assist in project delivery in conjunctions with Operations Support and other teams as required.
4. Lead and/or support ongoing business development for Professional services (PS) team and work with Sales & Marketing with any pre-sales support as required.
5. Development of existing accounts which enable Embridge to upsell and develop long term relationships with our customers.
6. Delivery of agreed budget and business plans, with monthly reporting required into Senior Management Team.
7. Ensure team achieve product accreditations that support our sales process and enable Embridge to improve quality of service.
8. Work with the Sales team to ensure Sales to Delivery handovers are completed in a timely and effective manner so the Delivery team.
9. Deliver billable project and/or programme management services to Embridge clients as required.
10. Delivery management of Professional Services engagements through both monthly and milestone driven reviews with project managers and consultants.
11. Any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably required by the COO.
Key Competencies & Skills of the Professional Services Manager:
- Strategic thinker
- Advanced IT skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- The ability to positively and productively collaborate, influence and negotiate with people at all levels
- Demonstrable experience of managing service delivery teams in an efficient, productive and successful manner
- Demonstrable experience of leading service delivery teams to achieve company goals and objectives
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to tight deadlines
- Strong programme and project management skills, ideally in a supplier environment delivering ERP solutions or similar
- Ability to carry out a strategic review of services and introduce new processes as required
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
- Excellent team skills and the ability to develop effective partnerships and professional relationships
- A confident leader with an approachable and open management style, with a practical, “can-do” approach to tasks, teams and projects
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, imagination, innovation, energy and drive
- Able to travel across the UK as needed, working
“Embridge seem to me to be ‘switched on’ and know where they are going which to me is very important. Seems to be very organised when I joined a few months back so that the usual stresses you get when you join somewhere new were kept to a minimum”